|Birth Your Way
This series is recommended for first-time parents and for couples whose
previous classes did not prepare them for natural birth. Teresa uses many
interesting and innovative teaching methods. Each week you will get to know
other class members through fun learning activities.
- Find out how good nutrition will improve your labor
- Hands-On game to discover the importance of nutrition
- Learn pregancy exercises that will help position your baby for birth
- Discover how to handle the discomfort of your pregnancy
- Learn the role of a coach
- Different ways of handling pain, including massage techniques
- Intro to the stages of labor
- Learn about the stages of labor and what to expect
- When you need to go to the hospital - not too early, not too late
- How your emotions will change as your labor progresses
- The movements the baby makes to be delivered
- Watch a bag of water break in real life
- Guest speakers - couples come and share their birth story with you
- Discussion about waterbirth and a video
- The Birth Plan Game - are you and your partner on the same page?
Classes are grouped into a five week series costing $165 (including the
book Ina May's Guide to Childbirth). To find out when a new series
begins, please call me directly. (973) 229-2566.
- What happens after the birth - everything you need to know
- Recognizing the difference between postpartum depression and partpartum
- Learn about breastfeeding
- Tips on how to create your own birth plan
- Tour of Hackettstown Regional Medical Center birthing facilities
Birth Your Way Refresher Course
For couples who have previously given birth and want to refresh their
memories. Couples can decide which of the above classes they would like
to attend. The fee for each class attended is $35.